Your host and primary tutor is Celia Bartlett, a dynamic, UK and West Cork-based professional photographer who has been behind a camera for more than thirty-five years. Currently working as an editorial, documentary and reportage photographer, she can also be found tutoring for Wild Adventures under Suffolk's Skies on the RSPB's Havergate Island in Suffolk, immersing herself in her other passion, that of wildlife. During some of the West Cork Photgraphy weekends, there may be a second specialist and equally passionate tutor to complement the group, and details can be found on the individual weekend pages. There will be no more than four guests at any time, providing a relaxing and unpressured environment in wich to learn. By combining a passionate and easy-going method of imparting her knowledge of photography, she will also share with you, her deep affection for this stunning corner of West Cork during these exclusive breaks.
The aim of the weekend is to experience a selection of disciplines from those listed below, some which are weather dependent and therefore cannot be guaranteed, However West Cork Photography Breaks will endeavour to offer the best alternatives to provide similar opportunities. These mini-shoots may challenge, and yet will serve to further your understanding and appreciation of the art of photography. The weekends can also be tailored to the requirements of specific groups.
- Landscape photography against the backdrop of the West Cork coastline, hills and mountains
- Macro photography amongst the lush countryside
- Wildlife photography aboard the Holly Jo for unrivalled, seasonal encounters with whales*
- Documentary photography around the landmarks and the pretty towns and villages
- Action photography alongside local Irish sports fixtures
- Low light photography in a traditional Irish session
- Mini evening seminars on the fundamentals for good photography
- Constructive critique of the images of the day and where appropriate, editing techniques
* As this activity is subject to the weather conditions.